Welcome to Horton Township
June 11th, 2021
With the Provincial Phase One Reopening, please see below.
Effective Monday June 14th, 2021:
- The Township Office will be open to the public, however only one person will be allowed in at a time;
- The Township will continue to be available during regular business hours by phone to address questions and/or concerns;
- Residents are encouraged to make property tax payments online or use the drop box at the Office;
- Landfill Site Hours remain the same;
- 2021 Dog Tags can be purchased online at www.hortontownship.ca;
- Council will continue to meet virtually. Council Meetings can be viewed live on the Township of Horton’s YouTube page.
Office Hours – Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
We appreciate your cooperation as we work together to mitigate the spread of Covid-19 in our Community. We continue to encourage residents to stay safe!
Horton Township offers a unique blend ofcountry living with nearby urban centres. Our Township borders the Town of Renfrew and is only 45 minutes away from Ottawa, Ontario - Canada's capital. Residents enjoy the tranquility and privacy that rural properties provide and have access to the modern day conveniences such as shopping, hospitals, theatres, schools, churches and restaurants.
The Ottawa River, the CN trail, the covered outdoor rink and the local community centre are just a few of the recreational opportunities available within the Township.
Come and experience the friendly community atmosphere that Horton Township offers and enjoy "rural living within urban reach".